Sunday, May 30, 2010

Deep in our hearts, we all want to find and fulfill a purpose bigger than ourselves. Only such a larger purpose can inspire us to heights we know we could never reach on our own. For each of us the real purpose is personal and passionate: to know what we are here to do, and why. But, nothing short of God’s call can ground and fulfill the truest human desire for purpose. Calling is the truth that God calls us to himself so decisively that everything we are, everything we do, and everything we have is invested with a special devotion and dynamism lived out as a response to his summons and service. - Os Guiness

One thing about me that you will soon learn is that I’m a huge NASCAR fan. Make fun if you want, but NASCAR is not just for your “redneck” father anymore. It is a modern day sport that I find entertaining. Anyhow, my reasoning for loving the sport is irrelevant to the point I’m trying to make. One of my favorite NASCAR personalities is Daryl Waltrip or DW as he is affectionately known by race fans. DW is the lead analyst for Fox and considered to be a strong Christian. During a recent race DW was asked how dedicated a driver was to winning. He said, “The difference between dedication and commitment is very small. When you sit down for breakfast and have bacon and eggs the chicken is dedicated but the pig is committed.”

So, my question to you is, “are you dedicated or are you committed to your role in our trip?” Are you counting the days until our trip? My dad always told me the most important thing in life is to do something you enjoy doing. I cannot think of anything else I would rather do than introduce my new friends to my old friends in Romania.

Ask yourself today, “Am I the chicken or am I the pig.” I’m a Hogg! Have a blessed Sunday. Aspire to new heights.

No comments: