Sunday, August 15, 2010

God Sized Dreams

Have you ever looked at those strange pictures that have a picture within the picture? Forgive me for not knowing exactly what they are called. All I remember is hardly ever being able to see the picture within the picture. More times than not I think I was just looking too hard to see what was right in front of me. How often do we do that with those God puts in our lives? Many times we are so close to them we don’t realize what is right in front of us. My good friend Ovidiu is like that. I was reminded by a mutual friend how much faith Ovidiu has and how big a vision he possesses. I wouldn’t say I had forgotten that, but rather I’m just so accustomed to seeing this type of action from him that I forgot all about it!

The irony is that Ovidiu would never seek any recognition for anything he does. However, he is doing some amazing things right now. As our mutual friend said a few weeks ago, “Ovidiu reminded me that it is more important to have God size dreams rather than me size dreams!” How true. How true.

Ovidiu has inspired a handful of us to join him in these God sized dreams. Our dream is to see the House of Joy built now, not 10 years from now. How disappointing it would be to miss the chance to reach an entire generation of kids because it took us 10 years to build this community center.

Monday I’m having a conference call with this small contingent of Ovidiu followers. We are going to make some plans for future trips to Romania. We are also going to talk about ways to speed up the construction process for the HOJ. We are also going to talk about a potential organization to aid in fulfilling these God sized dreams. Hopefully I’ll have great things to report next week.

Until that time I’ve challenged Ovidiu to continue moving forward with both the construction of the HOJ and the fund raising of the HOJ. I’ve been amazed at the progress his team has made on the HOJ the past month. I’ve also been amazed at the initiative Ovidiu has taken to personally raise support for the HOJ. Ovidiu has over 800 followers on Facebook. He’s challenged each follower to donate $25 to finish 2010 strong. We would love to have you join us in this cause. If you are interested in making a donation shoot me an email at jonahogg@gmail.com and I’ll get you information on where to send the donation.

Right now we need your prayers more than anything. I hope you will pray that God will give this team the vision necessary to fulfill these God sized dreams. Until next time, aspire to new heights.

No comments: