Monday, November 15, 2010

Technology Today

My father-in-law sent me an email the other day about a lady whom she referred to as “grandma.” This email went on to list all the things that had changed since grandma was born. There were things like color television, satellite radio, cell phones, etc. She also talked about how the cost of gas, milk, coke, and movies had gone up. She concluded the email by saying, “By the way, Grandma is 59!” I took a minute to ponder all of these changes the last 60 years. It’s hard to believe.

Well today I took a trip down memory lane. I was charged with driving our work pick-up. About three minutes into the drive I realized this pick-up only had A.M. radio. Holy Cow! I went from XM Radio in my car to a six hour round trip drive in a pick-up with only A.M. radio. Needless-to-say I chose silence over A.M. radio! Honestly it wasn’t too bad a drive. Silence does the body good!

Back to this technology thing though. Modern technology has made it so easy to communicate half-way around the world. With e-mail, Skype, and international calling plans the world is just seconds away. I’m amazed at how easy it is for me to travel across the ocean and still remain in contact with my customers. Granted I may field a few calls at 3:00 A.M., but it is still very easy to travel these days. I don’t know if you’ve noticed where I’m going with this or not but I’m attempting to squash one of your many excuses for not going on a mission trip! The world is now at our finger tips and the mission field is closer than ever before. This can no longer serve as a valid excuse for not serving.

We are in the process of adding a “mission trip” link on our website. I hope you will click on www.redpageministries.com and find a trip that fits you. We would love to have you join us. And yes, you can join us and not miss a beat with work!

As you pray about joining us on a trip, I hope you will take a minute to lift up Ovidiu and Adina in your prayers. After 10 years of anticipation they will depart Thursday morning for the US. We are totally ecstatic, as I know they are as well, about their three weeks in America. Pray they will have an easy transition. Pray for the number of meetings we will have with potential donors and ministry partners. Pray for the future of our ministry. Hopefully we will see many of you real soon. Aspire to new heights.

No comments: